Learn to establish your identity as a leader and connect with your team when you first step into a management position.
- You've just begun a new management position. Let me guess, you're likely excited and a little nervous, right? That's completely normal, so please allow me to put your decision in perspective. Have you ever heard someone say that leaders are born, not made? That is absolutely incorrect. The good news is that leadership is best viewed as a set of skills. With a little thoughtful preparation it's a set of skills you can learn. I'll start by helping you understand how to immediately establish yourself as a leader and how to begin setting goals and expectations.
Next we'll cover topics including building rapport with the team, and what it means to earn trust and show respect. I'll also address several useful communication tips that will help you better connect with the team. Overall, I'm gonna challenge you to become more than simply the new boss. I wanna help you be an authentic leader. When you've completed this course, you'll be ready to hit the ground running with the knowledge you need to successfully complete the first few months in your new role.
Let's get started.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.