Develop the skill set needed to successfully manage smaller projects.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore, and this is Managing Small Projects. This course covers how to manage small projects effectively, from beginning to end. We'll begin by examining the characteristics of small projects, and looking at the life cycle of managing them. Then, I'll guide you through getting a project started, beginning with identifying the customer, and the goal of the project, defining what the project will deliver, and how you'll know whether it's successful. I'll provide tips for getting things done once the project work begins, and tracking where things stand as the work progresses, so the project stays on-time and within budget.
Finally, we'll go over the steps to perform at the end of the project to tie up loose ends, and help you make your next project an even bigger success. Running a successful small project depends on the right tools applies in the right quantities. I'll introduce you to these tools, and show you how to use them in managing small projects.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the life cycle and scope of small projects
- Identifying the project customer and other stakeholders
- Determining the right level of management
- Scheduling work
- Managing risk
- Keeping things moving
- Evaluating the project
- Getting sign-off and tying up loose ends<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Small Projects
Defining small projects2m 19s
2. Starting the Project
3. Organizing the Work
4. Getting Things Done
5. Tracking Progress
6. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.