Teaches smart ways to set up a foundation for negotiating your salary, discuss your strengths, and follow up to achieve agreement.
- Most people start salary negotiations once they've been given a job offer. To be really effective, you need to start thinking about this well before the interview process. By taking the time to prepare, you're going to set yourself up to get what you want and need. I'll start by showing you how HR determines salary offers, how to research salary ranges, prioritize what you're going to negotiate, and how to leverage this information to develop your pitch. Next, we'll talk about the actual conversation you'll have with potential employers.
This includes receiving the offer, evaluating it, asking for clarity, and negotiating for your priorities. We'll end with transitioning out of your old job and into your new job and special considerations like how to discuss your salary history and how to negotiate with your current employer. By demystifying this process, my goal is to instill confidence in you so you can go into the negotiation and be successful. Now let's get started with Negotiating Your Salary.
- Understanding how employers determine salaries
- Determining your priorities
- Writing your negotiation story
- Reviewing the offer
- Holding the conversation
- Leaving an old job on good terms
- Understanding equity compensation