Walks through the basics of branding your business or yourself through consistency, communication, and effective collateral.
- I'm Lorrie Thomas Ross. Welcome to Brand Building Basics. Branding isn't just for big business. Marketplace perception can help or hurt our ability to succeed professionally. Branding applies to products, services, nonprofits, concepts, even people. Whether you're building your brand from the ground up, or managing an existing brand, in this short course, we'll cover how to grab the reins of your brand. We'll start by clarifying the true meaning of branding, Examine several successful brands, and explore helpful branding tools.
Next, we'll dive into development. We'll cover everything from defining your brand to making a style guide. Lastly, we'll help you successfully manage your brand by looking at how to avoid common mistakes. Branding is what builds and boosts business. What kind of mark do you want to make? Let's get started with Brand Building Basics. See you in my course.
- Understanding branding
- Looking at trends and a gallery of brands
- Positioning your brand in the marketplace
- Integrating images and style
- Developing a business promise
- Creating a style guide
- Trademarking your brand
- Tying together the print and web site design for a brand
- Avoiding common mistakes