Learn the basics of critical thinking, an essential skill for problem solving and decision making.
- Have you ever solved one problem only to realize you created a bigger one? Have you ever thought you solved the problem but then discovered you only cured a symptom and didn't fix the root cause? The reason these things happen is because you're not thinking critically. Critical thinking is both a mindset and the application of some real simple tools. I'm Mike Figliuolo and I've been applying and teaching critical thinking methods for years across all different industries and business functions, I've found these critical thinking skills to be invaluable.
In this course, I'll share critical thinking techniques like: defining the real problem, the five why's, the seven so what's, blowing up the business, the 80/20 rule, and how to conduct insightful analysis. I'll discuss how you can apply these techniques to your daily work and how you can build a culture of critical thinking within your team.
- Break big problems into small ones
- Define the problem statement
- Ask focusing questions
- Find root causes
- Demonstrate how to use critical thinking tools
- Teach others to think critically
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisite Education: There are no prerequisites for this continuing education course.
Advanced Preparation: There is no advance preparation required for this continuing education course.
Continuing Education: if you undertake this course for continuing education credits, you can leave final comments in the Self Study Course Evaluation.
Click here to register. For course refund policy, issue resolution, and additional info please see the LinkedIn User Agreement.
- Breaking big problems into small ones
- Defining the problem statement
- Asking focusing questions
- Finding root causes
- Using critical thinking tools
- Teaching others to think critically