Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Warning signs your team is disengaged, part of Motivating and Engaging Employees (2013).
- Employee disengagement has a psychological,…behavioral, and financial impact.…Psychologically, disengaged employees…feel distant and lacking in purpose.…This translates into unproductive behaviors.…Overall, these employees are far more likely…to perform to minimum standards,…instead of striving for higher performance.…Financially, for just one organization,…the cost of disengaged employees can run into…the millions of dollars every year.…That's why it's so important to remain vigilant…in looking for signs of disengagement.…
When you see more than normal,…or too many in general,…you know you have to re-focus…on what it means to engage the team.…Ultimately, disengagement will lead…to a drop in performance.…Before that happens, see if you can identify…the warning signs.…Here, in no particular order,…are the top seven signs that your team…is becoming disengaged.…First, turnover is increasing.…If the rate of employees leaving the organization…is greater than your baseline data,…this is cause for concern.…It takes a lot of time and money…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing employee engagement
- Providing autonomy
- Building a transparent culture
- Modeling desired behavior
- Using monetary and nonmonetary motivators
- Fostering accountability
- Developing career paths for employees<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Your Team
2. Building Relationships
3. Creating a Strong Culture
4. Offering Opportunity
Training for greater impact4m 48s
5. Troubleshooting Common Challenges
Next steps4m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.