Is your library of customer service emails generic or out of date? In this video, learn when templates need to be rewritten and why we you should volunteer for the job.
- So, what's next?…If you've watched all the videos in this course,…completed the exercises and the challenge videos,…you've done a lot of work to become a better writer.…Now the question is, how can you put…all you've learned to good use…and help improve the overall quality…of your team's communication with customers?…You can volunteer to help rewrite templates…that are outdated or difficult to customize.…That's how.…There are three great reasons to ask…if you can help rewrite some templates.…
First, it'll make you look good.…Showing initiative will impress your managers…and make them glad they invested…in hiring and training you.…Next, better templates will improve…the overall efficiency of your customer service team.…If you rewrite and improve a shared template,…you have the opportunity to help make everyone…just a little better at their jobs.…Editing templates allows you to practice…almost everything you learned in this course.…You know that old saying,…if you don't use it, you lose it?…Well, that's true of e-mail writing skills.…
- Reading emails carefully
- Anticipating follow-up questions
- Answering all of the customer's questions
- Handling difficult questions
- Explaining your process to the customer
- Paraphrasing the customer's situation
- Acknowledging the customer's feelings
- Apologizing when appropriate
- Avoiding clichéd language
- Demonstrating empathy and sincerity in your writing
- Building rapport
Skill Level Beginner
Managing a Customer Contact Centerwith Brad Cleveland1h 31m Intermediate
1. Answer the Customer's Question
2. Show Customers You've Read Their Email
3. If You Must Apologize, Be Sincere
4. Customize Templates to Avoid Sounding Robotic
5. Build Your Email Writing Skills to Build Your Career
Self evaluation3m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.