- In this movie I'm gonna explain…how to use the concept of volume…to figure out how many gallons of water…you're going to need to fill a rectangular aquarium…and later to fill up a cylindrical hot tub.…So, let's say you just bought an aquarium…that is four feet long by two feet wide…by three feet high.…And let's say you need to get a certain number…of gallons of filtered water for this aquarium…and I'll give you a conversion here…to make it a little bit easier.…
One cubic foot, so remember we measure…volume in cubic units,…so one cubic foot is the same thing…as about seven and a half gallons.…So, we need to really figure out,…'cause we usually measure water in gallons,…how many gallons of water do we have to get…for this tank.…So, when we find the volume of the tank,…we're gonna find it in cubic feet…and then figure out from there how many gallons we need.…So, remember to find the volume…of a rectangular box…we just use the formula length times width times height.…
So, in this case we just have 4 times 2 times 3.…
- Practicing mental math
- Understanding decimals and fractions
- Working with percentages and ratios
- Solving equations
- Calculating area and volume
- Scaling recipes
- Estimating your running speed
- Calculating the area for home-improvement projects
- Working with probability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Math Foundations: Part one
2. Math Foundations: Part Two
3. Math Foundations: Part Three
4. Shopping and Cooking Math
5. Health and Fitness Math
6. Home-Improvement Math
7. Probability and Counting Math
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.