- So in this movie I'm gonna cover…our last geometry concept for the course: Volume.…So volume is the measure of how much space there is…within a three-dimensional object like a box.…So you can see I've drawn a couple of 3D shapes here.…So let's look at this box.…If we think, imagine all the space within it,…that's its volume.…So we express volume in cubic inches.…Remember for area we expressed it in square inches,…or square meters or square things.…We're gonna express volume in cubic inches,…because it's three-dimensional.…
So let's say this box…has a length, a width, and a height.…And that's actually the formula for volume.…Length times width times height.…So let's say that this side of the box down here…is 5, let's say that this dimension is 3,…let's say this is 4.…It doesn't really matter which side you call the length…and which side you call the width,…you're basically just measuring each part of the box.…
So to calculate the box's volume,…we would just do 4 times 3 times 5.…So 4 times 3 is 12,…times 5 is 60.…
- Practicing mental math
- Understanding decimals and fractions
- Working with percentages and ratios
- Solving equations
- Calculating area and volume
- Scaling recipes
- Estimating your running speed
- Calculating the area for home-improvement projects
- Working with probability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Math Foundations: Part one
2. Math Foundations: Part Two
3. Math Foundations: Part Three
4. Shopping and Cooking Math
5. Health and Fitness Math
6. Home-Improvement Math
7. Probability and Counting Math
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.