Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Using technology in meetings, part of Leading Productive Meetings.
- Meetings and technology go hand in hand.…As technology has advanced, so have the methods…and opportunities that we have to meet with each other.…However, each new advancement also offers challenges.…Far too many meetings are stalled or drag on…because of problems with technology.…To make your meetings more effective for you…and for the other participants, we've provided…a very simple checklist the meeting leader…can use prior to every meeting.…
You can use it to double check all of your resources…and ensure that technology is a helpful resource…and not an aggravating frustration.…There are three basic areas that this checklist covers.…The first area deals with telephones.…The second deals with audio visual.…And then, finally, video or web-conferencing.…It's a good practice to use this checklist…approximately one hour before each meeting…to make sure every aspect of technology…has been double checked and is working.…
A couple of things to keep in…mind as you use this checklist.…First, it's designed for small, ongoing meetings that…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Plan how to use technology successfully in your meetings.
- Determine how to select and support a meeting leader.
- Prepare what you need to make meaningful commitments in a meeting.
- Identify successful ways to initiate a meeting.
- Propose challenging ideas while promoting and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Delegate and coordinate work successfully.
- Follow up consistently to create a workplace culture of accountability.