Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the right tools, part of Executive Decision Making.
- When you go to make an executive decision,…make sure you use the right tools.…Given the size of the decisions you're talking about making,…you can involve your Statisticians, you can involve Analysts…to help build predictive models of what those future…scenarios could be.…Use forecasting models, statistical analysis,…game theory models and strategic frameworks to evaluate…possible future states before you make your decision.…Failure to build these robust models that consider all the…alternate future states, is reckless and irresponsible.…
Just saying I know the way this will play out,…and then making a decision based on that one possible…outcome, can lead you to miss all these other things…that could happen in the market that would…make it a bad decision.…I've included some of my favorite strategic planning tools…and techniques, in the Lynda.com course,…Strategic Planning Fundamentals.…You can use those tools to evaluate your market,…your competitors, and to set a direction for getting…your organization to achieve your vision.…
Mike helps you find the data and tools to support your decision, make the call, communicate decisions effectively, and lead your organization through the change. He'll also address common problems that arise from these high-profile decisions: cultural differences, quality of information, trust, and accountability, to name a few.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explore methods for communicating more effectively.
- Review decision-making styles to find the best one for you.
- Recognize the right time to declare success.
- Recall how an understanding of inherent biases can help you get the right data.
- Review methods for building trust.
- Explore how to make the right call while assessing risks.