Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the right metrics, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations.
- As a startup, you won't have everything figured out,…but you do need to know you're…moving in the right direction.…This is where metrics come into play,…having access to numbers that can provide…a snapshot of how your business is doing.…The good news is you only need to focus…on five metrics, acquisition, activation,…retention, referral, revenue or AARRR,…commonly referred to as pirate metrics…which were popularized by venture investor…and PayPal alum, Dave McClure.…
I'm going to talk about these metrics…in the context of an online business,…but you'll quickly see that with minor tweaks…they can be applied much more broadly.…The first metric is acquisition…or how many people visit your store or site?…So let's say you search engine optimized your site,…are engaging on social media,…and you may even have a few mentions in the press.…You've got visitors.…If you're like me, you're tracking how many…probably using Google analytics.…
You'll know if you have the right kind of visitors…or potential customers by tracking your bounce rate.…
- Finding your idea/problem to solve
- Finding your first customer
- Writing a business plan
- Deciding on a legal structure
- Building a team of employees and advisors
- Marketing your business
- Building a website
- Minding cash
- Managing stress
- Funding growth
- Balancing entrepreneurship and life
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.