Join Lisa Gates for an in-depth discussion in this video Using questionnaires and self-assessments, part of Coaching and Developing Employees (2013).
I want to give you a couple more tools to deepen your coaching toolbox. …Right now, we'll focus on two self-assessments, both of which are …provided in your exercise guide. First, the Discovery Questionnaire, this …is a set of deep questions that help you create a foundation for working with your employees. …For some people, completing the Discovery Questionnaire may be the first time …they've ever pondered the bigger questions about their work and life. …And for you, the answers they provide may reveal new or unexpected strengths that …can be tapped in the future. The questionnaire focuses first on …assessing your employees current role with questions like, what do you love …about your work and what do you wish you could change? …Next, you want to capture achievements and goals by asking questions like, what …do you want to accomplish this year or where do you see yourself in the next …five years? The next area of the assessment deals …with identifying work styles, with questions like, how well do you keep your …
- Establish a coaching relationship with your employees.
- Demonstrate the cornerstones of coaching.
- List examples of "PowerTalk Practice".
- Describe how to challenge your employees for growth.
- Identify how to manage accountability and give future-focused feedback.
- Align professional goals with company objectives.
- Design stretch opportunities.