Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Time Management Fundamentals.
- Throughout this course I'll occasionally ask you to fill out worksheets to better understand your own time management needs and create personalized systems for success. These worksheets have been provided in the exercise files for all lynda.com subscribers. At various points throughout the course I'll be asking you to pause the video and fill out a worksheet. By taking action and doing something about the principles I'll share you're more likely to build lasting habits.
To get the most out of this training I recommend you download and print these exercises out now so you have these worksheets on hand. Lets get started.
Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head; and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding your productivity style and motivation
- Understanding the principles of time management
- Avoiding the pitfalls of multitasking
- Narrowing your gathering points
- Consolidating email and voicemail accounts
- Practicing mind-clearing techniques
- Choosing and using calendar software
- Saying no with tact
- Mastering the what, when, where processing system
- Processing email vs. checking email
- Maintaining productivity gains
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 07/09/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover understanding the focus-chaos scale, as well as the Microsoft Office option. In addition, the following topic was updated: maintaining your productivity gains.
1. Laying the Productivity Groundwork
2. Obstacle to Productivity
3. Productivity Principle 1: Space
4. Productivity Principle 2: Mind
5. Productivity Principle 3: Time
6. Equipping Yourself for Action
Preparing for action4m 30s
7. Gathering to the Inbox
Preparing to gather2m 46s
8. Understanding Processing
9. Processing Email
10. Your Time Budgeter
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.