This course is designed to be a foundation for starting and running a consulting business. It's not meant to be legal, tax, or financial advice. You should also watch more in-depth courses on creating a business plan, contracting, negotiating, and building teams. Seek good specialized counsel for legal and financial issues.
- This course is designed to be a foundation for starting and running a consulting business. It's not meant to be legal, tax, or financial advice. You should watch more in-depth courses on creating a business plan, contracting, negotiating, making recommendations, and building teams, to get a complete picture of what it takes to run a firm. Seek good specialized counsel for legal, financial, and tax issues. There are too many problems you can create by not having good counsel.
Legal advice you'll want to see out includes guidance on business structure, intellectual property, contracting, compensation, and HR issues. Get financial advice on accounting, managing cash flow, conducting financial planning activities, investing, and business valuation. Seek out tax advice on federal, state, and local taxes. Get guidance on tax withholding, taxes for your employees, sales tax, commercial activity tax, filing tax returns, and some of the documentation requirements and deductibility of your business expenses.
Look, you can't do this alone. Find the right professionals to guide you on your journey of running your consulting firm.
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.