This course is designed to be a foundation for starting and running a consulting business. It's not meant to be legal, tax, or financial advice. You should also watch more in-depth courses on creating a business plan, contracting, negotiating, and building teams. Seek good specialized counsel for legal and financial issues.
- This course is designed to be a foundation for starting and running a consulting business. It's not meant to be legal, tax, or financial advice. You should watch more in-depth courses on creating a business plan, contracting, negotiating, making recommendations, and building teams, to get a complete picture of what it takes to run a firm. Seek good specialized counsel for legal, financial, and tax issues. There are too many problems you can create by not having good counsel.
Legal advice you'll want to see out includes guidance on business structure, intellectual property, contracting, compensation, and HR issues. Get financial advice on accounting, managing cash flow, conducting financial planning activities, investing, and business valuation. Seek out tax advice on federal, state, and local taxes. Get guidance on tax withholding, taxes for your employees, sales tax, commercial activity tax, filing tax returns, and some of the documentation requirements and deductibility of your business expenses.
Look, you can't do this alone. Find the right professionals to guide you on your journey of running your consulting firm.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.