Join Lisa Gates for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Power Talk Practices, part of Coaching and Developing Employees (2013).
What we've covered so far is an overview of the manager as coach model, along with …examples of coaching in action with Michelle and Eric. …The remainder of this course is built around PowerTalk practices, the tools …you'll use for having short, frequent conversations with the people you manage. …Whether you're having a quick walk-by conversation or one that's scheduled, …you'll be naturally moving through most of the power talk practices. …So let's take a brief look at each practice. …The first practice is asking powerful questions.…
As you've already seen with Eric and Michelle, open ended question help the …brain storming and discovery process. The second practice is Listening. …You'll be using active listening skills to understand the subject of the …conversation, to reveal thoughts and beliefs, and to identify underlying …issues or opportunities. Next is Challenge, the process of helping …your employee think beyond an issue or to see new perspectives and head into bolder territory.…
- Establish a coaching relationship with your employees.
- Demonstrate the cornerstones of coaching.
- List examples of "PowerTalk Practice".
- Describe how to challenge your employees for growth.
- Identify how to manage accountability and give future-focused feedback.
- Align professional goals with company objectives.
- Design stretch opportunities.