Join Valerie Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Career Development Guide, part of Managing Your Career.
Throughout this course, I'll be asking you to fill out a Career Development Guide. It gives you a comprehensive picture of your career options and steps you need to take to get there. The guide has been provided in the exercise files tab on the Course Details page for all lynda.com subscribers. You can use it interactively or print it out. Now let's get started.
Discover how to assess your experience, work-reward values, and qualifications, all with the goal of creating a robust career profile that charts your future growth. The course also shows how to fully investigate career options and perform a gap analysis in order to find key opportunities.
- Identifying your skills, knowledge, and qualifications
- Considering lifestyle choices
- Completing a career profile
- Researching possible roles
- Exploring different industries
- Researching salary ranges
- Performing a gap analysis