Most companies have a library full of generic templates. In this video, learn how to use templates as a starting point to a helpful, personalized response.
- You probably have access to a big old collection…of templates to use when you respond to customers.…Your company may call these templates form letters…or standard responses, but whatever your company calls them,…templates probably make your job easier,…and there are correct ways and incorrect ways to use them.…The worst way to use templates is just to copy,…paste, and send them as is.…The best way is to think of the templates…like ingredients in a recipe.…
Just like you combine ingredients to prepare…something yummy, like a cherry pie,…you should customize templates to prepare…a delicious readable email response to your customer.…When used correctly, templates can help you…write good emails, but if you use templates incorrectly,…they make your emails sound insincere,…robotic, or off topic.…Let's take a look at an example of a template in action.…Say you work for Summergate Theater,…a 1,500-seat venue that hosts live shows almost every night.…
Last night, just as everyone was seated,…there was a power outage and all 1,500 patrons…
- Determine what to include in an email response to a customer.
- Name three statements that should be included in an apology letter.
- List three ways to demonstrate sincerity in a customer service email.
- Identify the best way to evaluate and improve customer service emails.
- Apply techniques learned in the course to rewrite current templates.
- Examine emails for spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
Skill Level Beginner
Managing a Customer Contact Centerwith Brad Cleveland1h 31m Intermediate
1. Answer the Customer's Question
2. Show Customers You've Read Their Email
3. If You Must Apologize, Be Sincere
4. Customize Templates to Avoid Sounding Robotic
5. Build Your Email Writing Skills to Build Your Career
Self evaluation3m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.