See which tools/techniques are appropriate (and inappropriate) to use during each step of the process
- The structured thought process will feel backwards.…It may be awkward as you go to apply it.…I'm going to ask you to change your current behaviors…in a lot of situations.…So, what I'd like to do is offer you the right set of tools…that you should be using during each step…of the structured thought process.…In the beginning of the process,…the first step is defining the question.…When you define the question you'll be on scratch paper…or on a whiteboard,…you may write an email down to your stakeholder…and confirm that's the question they want answered.…
The next step of the process is generating the core idea,…the answer, your recommendation.…Again, I suggest you spend time on scratch paper…or a whiteboard writing down that initial thought.…When you go to build your architecture in the next step…of the process, grab a whiteboard,…it's the right tool for building your architecture.…I like to say architecture is a visual sport.…If you sit there and talk about it…the architecture will not emerge,…but as soon as you get on a whiteboard…
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.