Learn some iPhone and Android shortcuts to make communication more efficient, speed up typing and set reminders. Use voice commands to find information, use GPS location to quickly access your device and reduce distractions from phone calls and texts to increase focus during your day.
- [Voiceover] For both iPhone and Android,…you can set you default ringtone to silent…by choosing None on Android…or downloading the silent ringtone from iTunes.…This is helpful if you only want to be notified…when specific people call.…Set custom ringtones for the people in your contact book…you do want to hear from,…and those will be the only calls you hear.…The rest will ring silent until they go to voicemail,…allowing you to focus on your work…or enjoy peaceful time with your family.…On most Android devices, you can use these tricks.…
You can set voice commands to perform searches.…For example when you say okay, Google,…Android will launch the Google Personal Assistant.…You can find information and launch actions simply…with your voice.…Okay, Google.…What's the weather today?…In Android version 5.0 and higher,…you can add trusted locations in your security settings.…This allows you to skip using your pin to unlock your phone…when you're at your saved location.…
You can also set up a call reject message…to send a message to callers when you don't answer.…
She discusses ways to simplify communication with autoresponders and response templates, and manage event and project communications, customer service, social media, and email marketing endeavors.
The course then explores outsourcing and delegation—including criteria for determining what can and should be outsourced. Finally, Suzanna explores top apps for simplifying and automating aspects of a business, including transcription and paper management.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Integrating business software for data efficiency
- Improving data analysis
- Simplifying communication with templates
- Automating customer service, social media, and email marketing
- Delegating and outsourcing tasks
- Finding the best software and apps to increase productivity