Learn to use both mobile and desktop dictation and transcription software to save time in your communications. Know how to use voicemail transcription on your mobile device and email. Understand more about transcription services available and some pros and cons of live transcription versus dictation software.
- [Voiceover] When you're on the go or in a hurry,…both typing and listening to voicemails…can seem like a slow process.…Here are a few ways to speed it up…with transcription and dictation services.…Voicemails.…Whether you're in a meeting…or simply want a quick summary of a voicemail,…having your messages in readable text can be a time-saver.…Google Voice and Hullo Mail are two services…that make voicemail transcription automatic.…Each program converts a spoken voicemail to text.…
Hullo Mail converts the first 10-30 seconds for you,…while Google Voice transcribes the entire voicemail,…and you still have the spoken voicemail…available to listen to.…You can send your voicemails and transcriptions…as a copy to your email for archiving or downloading,…and you can easily share.…Dictation.…Whether it's a quick text message or you're writing a book,…dictation can help you get your words on screen faster.…With dictation, the program takes your spoken words…and converts them to text.…
Your mobile device most likely has…a built-in dictation feature.…
She discusses ways to simplify communication with autoresponders and response templates, and manage event and project communications, customer service, social media, and email marketing endeavors.
The course then explores outsourcing and delegation—including criteria for determining what can and should be outsourced. Finally, Suzanna explores top apps for simplifying and automating aspects of a business, including transcription and paper management.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Integrating business software for data efficiency
- Improving data analysis
- Simplifying communication with templates
- Automating customer service, social media, and email marketing
- Delegating and outsourcing tasks
- Finding the best software and apps to increase productivity