You want to be seen as strategic and purposeful in the relationship with your buyer. In this video, learn why "update as needed" is the killer of consulting projects and how to avoid that trap with your buyer. Discover what to include and what to leave out when you're communicating the status of a project.
- "Loop me in if you need anything,"…says your buyer as they metaphorically feed you…to the internal wolves.…You know, on a lot of projects…you often end up working with an internal team…more than you do your buyer.…So I got some great consulting advice on this…from my friend and fellow LinkedIn Learning author…Scott Edinger.…He says, "Never lose your teather to your buyer.…"When you lose that tether to the buyer,…"your project loses momentum,…"and the odds of a successful outcome is reduced.…"And your opportunity for repeat business shrinks."…He's right.…
Updating your buyer on progress…can feel like walking a fine line…between being annoying and being invisible.…You shouldn't be CCing them on every email…just to prove that you're working,…but you also shouldn't be going dark…until the project is finished.…So, when should you update your buyer…and what should you say?…At the start of the project…you wanna decide on a cadence to update them.…As needed is a death sentence to your relationship,…and only reaching out when you need something…
- Determine the best self-positioning statement for you.
- Explain how to establish the value.
- Describe how to hold a kickoff meeting.
- Summarize the importance of a wrap meeting.
- Explain how to navigate changing relationships.
- Recognize the value of an internal referral.