Learn how to assess your audience so that you create the right learning environment and experience for all of the participants.
- You know, I've led hundreds of workshops over my career.…And even when I'm leading the same workshop multiple times,…they never unfold in the same way, never.…This is because every workshop is a co-creation…between the facilitator and that particular…group of participants who attended that specific day.…So part of being a great facilitator is knowing…how to flex with your audience because you're never…going to have the perfect formula…that works every single time.…But you can get really good at understanding…your participants so you can make each offering successful.…
Obviously it's best to learn about your group…before the actual event so you can make the necessary tweaks…to your content, activities, and timing.…And then you'll also want to have some flexibility…in the workshop design itself so you can…tweak it during the actual event.…Here's some things you'll want to know about your audience.…One, how many are coming?…This will help you think about the right groupings…for your activities as well as…how intimate the event will feel.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Facilitating adult learners
- Best practices in workshop design
- Understanding your participants
- Designing the right activities
- Preparing the logistics
- Facilitating the workshop
- Keeping things on track
- Increasing participation and collaboration
- Solving unexpected problems
- Dealing with challenging dynamics
- Creating closure