Join Jeff Bloomfield for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding your customer's issues, part of Sales Fundamentals.
- Have you ever been on a conversation with a salesperson…where you were amazed at just how focused they were…on the product without really the slightest desire…to understand what you really needed?…I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago,…a salesperson who was selling software made a call on me,…he started off right out of the gate…telling me how great their system was,…and how other clients were just raving about them.…He then asked me if I minded if he shared…a few of the new and exciting features that their upgraded…system could do, you know, you've heard this before.…
20 minutes later, I was bored,…and he hadn't even asked me one question about my business.…When it comes to understanding the customer's issues,…there are two basic points of reference.…The first point is derived from the research you do prior…to the meeting, where you have a pretty good idea…of what the customer issues are.…The second area of reference is when you uncover the issues…while you're actually meeting with the customer.…
- The philosophy of sales
- Identifying potential customers
- Exploring buying motivators
- Communicating the power of your solution
- Developing an effective sales process