Learn what metrics will be covered on the ACP exam, and what you should know about them.
- Executives are always interested in understanding…the value of the projects being proposed.…They want metrics to help them make wise decisions…on which projects should move forward.…As you prepare for the exam,…you'll need to understand the metrics to use…when you're choosing your projects.…You'll pick one, or a combination of:…return on investment, ROI;…net present value, NPV;…and internal rate of return, IRR.…Each metric has its own way of assessing value,…so the one you choose will depend on what…information you have.…
Let's look at each one.…ROI is actually very simple.…It's the ratio of the benefits received from an investment…versus the money invested.…This is usually expressed as a percentage.…For the exam, you won't need to calculate it,…but you'll need to know that a higher ROI is always better.…At the same time, you need to understand…how ROI is different than NPV and IRR.…So let's talk about them, starting with NPV.…
In financial terms, money we expect to get in the future…is always less valuable than money we have in hand…
PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Exam overview
- Exam benefits
- Determining eligibility for the exam
- Navigating the application and audit process
- Reviewing core domain areas
- Reviewing the metrics covered on the exam
- How earned value management applies in agile
- What to expect on test day