Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding communication options, part of New Manager Foundations.
You communicate many messages everyday and each one has a different level of importance.…For any given message, first, ask yourself, how important is this message?…The more important the message, the more you must work to ensure it's…understood properly.…Your second task is to choose the best communication option.…Is it telephone, teleconference, instant message?…Here's a great rule of thumb, when in doubt, choose the highest quality option.…If you don't choose the highest quality option, you're asking to be misunderstood.…
Today we have more communication options than ever before, thanks to the…evolution of technology.…Every communication option represents a trade-off between efficiency, how…fast communication takes place, and effectiveness, how fully your message is received.…For example, consider these classics, written memos or reports.…Compared to modern technologies, they are much slower to distribute, though they…do provide a tangible record of communication.…Similarly, email provides a record and it's very fast and efficient.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.