Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding capital options, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations (2014).
- Financial capitol is one of the…key inputs for growing your firm.…This is the money you use to buy what you need…to make your products or provide your services.…Your motivations and goals will impact the…types and amounts of capitol you raise.…You may be driven by financial gains and rapid growth.…You may want to be your own boss…or do something you genuinely love.…Augment family income while balancing work and family.…Or maybe you're pulled into entrepreneurship…by an unmet need in the market.…
Your motivations will not only impact the…kind of business you start, but also…what kind of financial strategies you use.…If you want and need your business to scale quickly,…you may decide to bring in equity investors,…otherwise you may be able to finance the business…through person savings and earnings.…However you decide to finance your business,…remember that bootstrapping will allow you…to get the most out of your plan.…Bootstrapping involves techniques that…lower expensive and leverage the…resources you already have on hand.…
- Cite the steps that can help you find an unmet need.
- Differentiate between a business and a hobby.
- Recognize how to decide between an online business and a brick and mortar business.
- Describe how to protect your intellectual property.
- Explain the best practices for hiring the right people.
- Recall the importance of tapping into networks of expertise.
- Cite the best practices for building a business website.
- Summarize the best metrics to use for your online business.
Skill Level Intermediate
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Intermediate
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.