…Understanding others always begins with first understanding yourself.…All relationships are unique.…And navigating a productive path forward, requires you to think about…how the very unique you, fits with the completely unique them.…I'm thrilled you're watching this course, and thinking a bit about managing yourself…and others, but don't ever watch a video like this or read a…blog post or an article or a book, and then think you know…the one or two things you can do, to connect with another person.…
No, thinking about possible techniques is only part of the equation.…But to use them correctly, you have to think about who you are…and what you know about them, to, in essence, tailor an interaction that works.…And that all begins, by understanding yourself, at a deeper level.…Let's start by thinking about self-reflection.…Right now, I'm walking you through this, but later…when you're done, you need to do it yourself.…Find a few minutes each day, maybe 30 to…60 minutes each week, to sit in a quiet place.…
Grab your computer, or a pad of paper and just think.…
- Explore how self-reflection is a starting point for understanding others.
- Review they ways that social capital (credibility) relate to performance, recognition, and helping others.
- Recall different kinds of communication channels you can establish with your manager.
- Identify the most effective ways to promote your accomplishments.
- Review methods for documenting issues that help you communicate up.
- Explore key strategies for working with a remote manager.
- Examine ways to repair a damaged relationship with your manager.