- Negotiating your offer
- Understanding the compensation schedule
- Assessing the timing of reviews and salary increases
- Reviewing the benefits package
- Understanding the value of perks
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Are you being paid what you're worth? Are you living the lifestyle you deserve? Next to good health, money has the greatest impact on your life. When you have money, you have options. Your compensation includes so much more than your salary and start date. If you want to negotiate the best compensation package now, or in the future, this course was written just for you. My name is Barb Bruno. I've been in the recruiting profession for over 25 years, and I've helped more than 10,000 individuals negotiate the best job offers, and in this course, I'll teach you what I've learned, so you don't leave money on the table.
We'll talk about the pros and cons of working full time, as a temporary employee, contractor, or independent contractor. You'll learn about the types of health benefits, pensions, retirement funds, stock options, 401(k)s and other perks. You'll also learn what areas you can negotiate, including the timing of performance reviews and raises, and you'll see why the salary you negotiate should represent 70% of your income, while benefits should represent the other 30%.
The information in this course will put you in the driver's seat the next time you're negotiating a job offer. Whether you're in an active job search, or will change jobs in the future, there is no better time than right now to arm yourself with this knowledge, so let's get started.