- What is data science?
- Making connections with relationship databases
- Importing data into warehouses
- Recognizing different data types
- Applying statistical analysis
- Focusing on knowledge
Skill Level Beginner
- In the early 1990s, the job of the future was web development. Highly skilled tech superheroes would help us through the tangled web. These heroes were destined to drive eCommerce. But didn't turn out that way. Tools like Wordpress, CRM and Salesforce allowed everyone to participate in building websites instead of relying on individual superheroes, most organizations had web development teams. Project managers, business analysts and graphic designers worked together to create complex web solutions.
Developers were just one part of a larger team. The same thing will happen with data science. Instead of a few superheroes, most organizations will have data science teams. These teams will work together to get more value from their data. They'll ask interesting questions and gain greater insights through research and development. Data scientists will just be one part of a larger data science team. Hi, I'm Doug Rose and this course is for people who are interested in data science but aren't necessarily interested in becoming full time data scientists.
You'll see key challenges in data science. Then you'll see common databases and different data types. You'll also get a quick review of statistics and predictive analytics. Finally, we'll go over some common pit-falls when working with your team. Whether you are a long time project manager or a first year developer, this course will help you thrive in this new field. So let's get started understanding data science.