Your revenue model is an explanation of how you make money. You need to determine how you charge for your services, and what services you charge for. There's a big difference between fee-for-service consulting and project-based consulting pricing models. Learn about additional revenue opportunities like content licensing, referral fees, and sale of ancillary materials.
- Your revenue model explains how you make money.…You need to determine how to charge for the services…you're offering and what services you'll charge for.…There's a big difference between…a fee for service consulting model,…a project-based model, and per unit pricing models.…Fee-for-service gets you an hourly rate.…The upside of this model, is you get paid for your time…so if the project expands, you get paid more money.…The downside is there's pretty much a cap…on what you can charge per hour.…
You get no benefit from being more efficient.…For project-based revenue models,…there's a one-time fee for the entire project.…The upside of this model is,…if you're more efficient, you're more profitable.…But the downside is,…if the scope of that project creeps,…your economics on that project could be terrible.…For unit-based pricing models,…you get paid per unit of output.…I run a leadership training firm.…We charge on a per participant basis.…
Every additional person in the classroom we make more money.…This enables us to do value-based pricing,…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.