Timing is critical when recruiting, and understanding the details of the interview process is key. In this video, review all the details and see how to stay on top of everything.
- Hiring managers are constantly adding…extra steps to the interview process.…Unfortunately, this means it will take longer…to obtain a potential job offer,…and you might lose your front runner candidates.…Timing is a critical element of recruiting.…If you've done your job right,…you've verified specs on the requisition,…received input from everyone in the hiring process,…obtained a specific target date to fill the requisition,…and asked for interviewing times up front.…
Now, you need to discuss the details…of the interview process.…Hiring managers are constantly upgrading…their interview process to improve retention of new hires.…You can't assume the process is the same…as it was the last time you recruited…for a specific hiring manager.…You also can't assume that every hiring manager…follows an identical interview process,…even if they work for the same company.…Understanding the details of the interview process…is an important element in the recruiting process.…
This is information you will share…with potential hires who want to know what to expect.…
- Define minimum requirements for each position.
- Identify unique selling points to peak the interest of potential employees.
- Determine the number of candidates being considered for a position when you accept a requisition.
- Explain a helpful strategy for determining the best hiring targets.
- Recall a strategy that will help you book all of the candidates you present to hiring managers.