Barbara Bruno shows you how understanding open requisitions helps you focus your valuable time on the candidate that your hiring managers will hire.
- Can you imagine how chaotic your life would be…if you interviewed 100% of the candidates you attract?…You would spend your entire day interviewing…with no time for matching or filling open requisitions.…You have limited time and resources,…but most recruiters spend more than 90 minutes a day…interviewing, taking incoming calls, and providing advice…to candidates they will never hire or place.…That's a waste of time because you're judged and compensated…by the number of requisitions you fill.…
So, I want to help you refine your pre-screening process…to weed out unqualified candidates…before you schedule interviews.…Let's start by discussing responsibilities.…It's not enough to only understand…the basic responsibilities of an opportunity.…You need to have a clear picture…of the data requirements of a job.…Break down the responsibilities of a job…into specific percentages.…For a lead engineer, 20% of their day…might be spent on employee management and training,…30% on developing new products, and 50% writing code.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining the purpose of the interview
- Clarifying expectations
- Making a good first impression
- Asking creative questions consistently
- What candidate questions reveal
- The basics of conducting an interview
- Creating brand awareness and getting referrals