Understand options available and what to expect when delegating basic tasks. Learn the differences in hiring and working with staff, interns, virtual assistants and similar companies. Also understand some of the pros and cons of hiring virtual assistants both within and outside of your home country.
- Delegation is essential to a growing business.…Not only will you save time,…you can also increase quality of the work,…save money, get more done,…and increase your business's visibility.…Even if you're a one person business…there are a number of options available.…In this video we'll discuss who to delegate to…and where to find them.…Staff, the easiest and most obvious people…to delegate to are staff.…Delegating to someone within your company…who has the skillset required…and capacity to take on more work in their day…is ideal.…
Virtual assistants, or VAs.…Virtual assistants are helpful…if you don't have staff to delegate to…or you want to reduce employee costs.…A VA can take on sporadic tasks…or common repetitive tasks.…Many VAs carry their own insurance and bonding…and don't have additional costs beyond their fees.…They may cost more per hour than an onsite staff,…but you save on the overhead.…You can find quality VAs within your country or outside it.…
The pay rates vary widely by region and country.…Here are some benefits and drawbacks of each.…
She discusses ways to simplify communication with autoresponders and response templates, and manage event and project communications, customer service, social media, and email marketing endeavors.
The course then explores outsourcing and delegation—including criteria for determining what can and should be outsourced. Finally, Suzanna explores top apps for simplifying and automating aspects of a business, including transcription and paper management.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Integrating business software for data efficiency
- Improving data analysis
- Simplifying communication with templates
- Automating customer service, social media, and email marketing
- Delegating and outsourcing tasks
- Finding the best software and apps to increase productivity