Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Types of waiting lines, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- When I say Waiting Line, what do you think of?…Starbucks, the grocery store, fast food,…the bank, the post office?…These are all places with typical Waiting Lines,…places where people come to get a service or a product.…How about if I ask, "Where are the worst Waiting Lines?"…Disneyland, airport security, motor vehicle department?…Why are they so bad?…Probably because of the lack of competition.…It's not like there's another Disneyland down the street,…and the government ties to airports…and the motor vehicle division,…we can't really expect competitors there.…
Still, these are all Waiting Lines,…where we physically wait with other people.…Where are there lines of people that we can't see?…Call centers.…When you get put on hold during your phone call,…you are sitting in a Waiting Line.…People that manage call centers…are professional Waiting Line managers.…If you run a call center, you probably already know that.…How about Waiting Lines…that aren't really made up of people?…When you take your car to the repair shop,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.