Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Turn objections into actions, part of Influencing Others.
…Winston Churchill said, Kites rise highest against the wind.…His point was that overcoming resistance is…often essential when you go for great outcomes.…The best influencers don't take it personally when others object and resist.…They get motivated.…They realize it's normal for others…to have different frames and different agendas.…They don't avoid objections, but go toward them…with an energized, exploratory motive to understand them better.…They know that objections aren't just obstacles, but clues.…
If your counterpart has objections, the sooner you…uncover them the sooner you will learn what actually…can influence the person successfully and then you…can apply another method from the influence advantage checklist.…Wishing and pushing don't work, both backfire sooner or later.…You want others to want to do what you want them to do.…So, don't resist resistance, don't object to objections.…Instead, turn objections into actions.…Here's an example from my research.…Giselle Chapman wanted to work as a pharmaceutical sales…
- Name a feeling that might inhibit you from inspiration-based influence.
- Explain how to most appropriately balance short-term and long-term results.
- Assess why “pains and gains” is a powerful motivator.
- List the steps of the advice influence technique.
- Identify the first thing you do when using social proof.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mindset and Habits for Influence
2. Influence Techniques
The power of gratitude1m 29s
1. What the Best Influencers Do Before They Influence
2. How to Choose the Best Influence Methods for Your Situation
3. How to Make Your Influence Welcomed and Wanted
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.