What’s a touchpoint? Most people define it as the point of interaction between a brand and a customer. Learn to create a journey map based on your company's touchpoints in this video.
- I was so frustrated.…I showed up at the airport after a long flight…and went to get my rental car.…As a member of the gold tier of their program,…I thought it would be easy.…Boy, was I wrong.…I was dropped off by the shuttle at the end…of a line about 100 people deep.…I didn't know if I was in the right place,…so I started asking fellow customers.…They told me, yes, this was the gold line…for their most loyal customers.…There were probably about 20 service areas at the counter,…but only three were occupied with people serving customers.…
As we made our way through the queue,…I started hearing more than just mumbling…from my fellow frustrated travelers.…People started yelling out to managers.…Those of us in line started feeling a bit…of us versus them and rallied together…to brainstorm ways to make things less painful.…After about an hour in line, I snapped a picture…and tweeted the company.…I was begging for some help.…To this day, I've never received a reply from that company.…
I stood in that line for more than two hours…
- Explain the characteristics of a customer journey map.
- Identify the group of people best suited to validate the findings of a customer journey map and to get additional input.
- Summarize the importance of touchpoints when creating a customer journey map.
- List the steps in the process of building a customer journey map.
- Recognize examples of “moments of truth.”