Once content is accessible, how do learners move through the learning experience? A crucial part of any learning culture is the ways in which people are guided to achieve mastery.
- Developing mastery is a vital part…of any organization's success.…There's a whole range of skills and competencies…that your talent needs in order to achieve…the strategic goals of your organization.…So a crucial part of any learning culture…is the ways in which you help people achieve mastery.…Now not all skills nor people need to…hit the mastery level, but for those that do,…you want to make it easier to get there.…Make sure your learning strategy…clearly identifies the skills, roles, and functions…where mastery is required, as this will help you…know which tools you should make available…to whom, and by when.…
Mastery requires time and effort, period.…Mastery takes hundreds or thousands of repetitions.…In fact, Dr. Anders Ericsson conducted research…on what it takes to develop expertise,…and he's the one who coined the 10,000 hours estimate…that Malcolm Gladwell explored in his book, Outliers.…Certainly, hours and repetitions are required,…but mastery demands the right kind of focus,…with deliberate practice as well as feedback.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Demonstrate how to establish a growth mindset
- Explain 2 methods to integrate learning into your organization
- Demonstrate how to empower through knowledge sharing
- Provide a way to overcome an 3 obstacles
- Demonstrate a method for addressing opportunities
- Explain 3 best practices to measuring success