Typing - not going to go away. Though dictate is also good. Blue tooth keyboards for use with phone or ipad, ideal for travelling. Learn to type with all of your fingers - faster but also allows you to watch the screen, and create straight onto the screen. Tips for learning to touch type. Use of auto-correct and standard paragraphs from Evernote.
- If you're going to be efficient,…it's probably worth thinking about typing.…Typing's probably not going to go away any time soon.…Even though the dictate function on my iPhone…is amazingly good,…and my first choice is always to use dictate…rather than type.…And by the way, dictate isn't the same as Siri.…I'm referring to the little microphone button…that most phones have next to the spacebar.…So, that when you're in text or email…you can press this button and talk into the phone.…If you speak clearly,…and there isn't too much ambient noise,…then it's amazingly accurate.…
I use it all the time for emails and texts,…but there are times like meetings,…or quiet places,…or very noisy places, where I can't use it.…And of course, for typing anything that needs a layout,…there's no choice but to get on a laptop or computer,…and type on a proper keyboard.…When I travel, I take a Bluetooth keyboard…which links to my phone or tablet.…Because although the tablet is pretty good,…the experience of typing is still way better…
The most efficient people use technology and established systems of organization to manage their tasks and maximize their time. This course shows how to put these time management techniques to work for you.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing your inbox
- Managing repetitive tasks
- Using lists and calendars
- Maximizing spare time
- Organizing information digitally and on paper
- Getting the most out of technology and software
- Writing effective email
- Reducing filing