Learn how to make the most out of your meetings by crafting a purposeful agenda and knowing when not to call a meeting.
- You know, like it or not, meetings play…an important part in your team's development.…If it's true that opportunity plus preparation…equals success then how you prepare for meetings…contributes a great deal to their success or failure.…Successful meetings are opportunities for attendees…to share key data, brainstorm, problem solve,…and build relationships.…In unproductive meetings, team members feel their time…is wasted, the stated agenda is not efficiently followed,…they aren't included, or that important members are absent.…
A failed meeting was obviously the inspiration…for this message on a coffee cup,…I survived another meeting that should have been an email.…To avoid negative feedback, it's important to understand…how to facilitate an effective meeting.…First, start with a clear objective or objectives.…This is a purpose, goal or target you want to reach.…Make sure you can succinctly answer this question,…why are we having this meeting?…Common answers include, to assess our progress,…to address some changes, issues, or unexpected events…
- Identify the keys to success as a team leader.
- Explore management interactions commonly needed during the four team development stages.
- Recall the meaning of continuous improvement and what drives the process.
- Review the do's and don't of creating a team mission statement.
- Review how to use roles effectively during team meetings.
- Explore how to best use consensus strategies like thumbs up/down/sideways.