There are many ways to increase your participation or collaboration through practices and activities that work for almost every type of workshop.
- Being a workshop facilitator, is an ongoing journey,…because the more you expand your experience and toolkit,…the better you get.…I'm always picking up new ideas…for how to increase participation and collaboration.…Here's some of my favorite activities and exercises.…You'll also find them in the exercise files.…The interview.…Interviewing another person is a great way…to increase listening skills and empathy.…Give participants a list of questions,…and have them interview each other.…Taking a certain amount of time before they switch.…
This can be especially helpful…if you have people who are overly talkative or competitive.…Free write.…Many people prefer to process internally…and or, are uncomfortable sharing in front of a large group.…I have found that doing a one to two minute free write,…allows people time to gather and organize their thoughts,…participation always goes way up…after I do this quick activity.…Anonymous questions or comments.…Anonymity is a really great tool…for getting the unspoken issues on the table,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Facilitating adult learners
- Best practices in workshop design
- Understanding your participants
- Designing the right activities
- Preparing the logistics
- Facilitating the workshop
- Keeping things on track
- Increasing participation and collaboration
- Solving unexpected problems
- Dealing with challenging dynamics
- Creating closure