Often, sales sells to the wrong buyer, or over promises and then throws the deal over the wall, leaving customer success with a mess to clean up or a second entire sales process to undergo. In this video, learn how to work with sales to optimize customer success.
- If you don't invest in a good relationship…with the sales organization, you're in for trouble.…They should be the best friends…of a customer success organization,…but I've seen lots of things go wrong.…For example, the sales team can over-promise features…and benefits that don't exist…and then leave CS to deliver or under-deliver…to a very disappointed, even angry customer.…It's like when you dutifully collect mileage points…to spend on your vacation,…as illustrated in every airline's mileage program brochure,…but when the time comes to book travel…the actual vacation dates are all blacked out.…
So you yell at the mileage program rep…when the person who signed you up is already long gone.…Or the sales team closes the deal…without ever talking to the person who's actually going…to have to use the products and services they sell,…leaving CS to go through the entire sales process…to build buy-in with the product user…before they can even start with the onboarding process.…This often happens when a manager buys…
- What is customer success?
- Scaling customer success
- Being a customer success professional or manager
- Building a customer success plan
- Aligning customer success with other departments