Time Management is one of the greatest challenges in the Recruiting Profession. You will learn four specific steps you can implement in order to develop the habit of planning. This will ensure that urgent interruptions don’t overshadow important tasks so you can focus on best use of your time.
- The one thing I hear from recruiters…as I'm speaking at conferences throughout the country…is they don't have enough hours…in the day to get things done.…There is always that frustration…of time management, and in reality you can't manage time.…We all have the same 168 hours in every week…but do you know people that just seem to get more done?…Well, those are the people that have realized…that you can manage what you do within your time.…If you're not planned and you're not used to…managing your time, what happens…in the recruiting profession is the urgent things…really overcome the important tasks…that you need to do every day.…
The one thing is that we have people…on both sides of our sales, and they think…that their priorities are always our top priorities…so you will be interrupted, but when you have…a written plan, and you have out planned…what you're going to do each day…you can switch back to your top priorities faster.…Without a plan, again, the urgent things…can just overshadow the important…and you spend all day on things…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.