Time and attendance requirements are ever more complicated. In this video, learn how HRIS employ technology to help manage time and attendance, including with mobile workers.
- Time and attendance features…in HRIS systems generally involve two steps,…the inputting of hours worked by the employees…and the approving of those hours by their managers.…As with payroll, HRIS programs will either have…their own time and attendance module…or connect through an API…into a time and attendance product.…This data will of course tie into the payroll function.…You can see why product integration is often a tricky part…of putting together HR technology.…
There remain plenty of companies…that use a punch-to-clock type approach to time keeping…with this data then being fed into the HRIS…through an API or directly into the HRIS' own payroll app.…Employees can enter their time at the entry door,…at a kiosk, or at their desktop.…HRIS time and attendance software…has become ever more user friendly over the years…and has done a great job of incorporating mobile technology.…
As an example, the Zenefits and Workday mobile apps…allow hourly employees to clock in and clock out…and log meal breaks right from their computers,…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance