Your customers take actions based on what they're thinking and doing, but also based on how they're feeling. Are you doing what you can to understand your customers' emotions?
- Customer journey mapping is a bit like asking…a few different people the best route to drive somewhere.…Each person will get you there, but each person…might have a different way.…So what's my route?…I'm a big believer in touch point mapping.…So what's a touch point?…Well, most define it as the point of interaction…between a brand and a customer, which sounds great.…But I challenge you to see touch points…in a more meaningful context.…Within each phase of the journey, your customer…interacts with your brand many different ways.…
And while a knee-jerk reaction in business…is to focus on the channel or the business…department that owns that part of the experience,…your customers simply don't care about that.…Nor should they.…They might interact with a channel like the phone…to interact with your customer service department.…But what can happen in one interaction with that channel?…Let's say your customer, Jack, is having an issue…with your product.…After troubleshooting on his own, exploring…the web and user forums, he decides he has to make a call.…
- Explain the characteristics of a customer journey map.
- Identify the group of people best suited to validate the findings of a customer journey map and to get additional input.
- Summarize the importance of touchpoints when creating a customer journey map.
- List the steps in the process of building a customer journey map.
- Recognize examples of “moments of truth.”