You have determined your "why" and your "why now". In this video, get the tools you need, combined with the strategy you create, to make your career change actionable.
- Right now, the question that may be running…through your head is where do I begin?…The answer is it depends on where you are in the process.…I usually encounter three types of career changers.…People who know the job they have is not the one they want,…but don't know what the job they want looks like.…People who know what job they want,…but don't feel they're qualified to get it.…And people who aren't sure the career they have now…is one they don't want, but do hate their current job…and need a change.…
Which category do you fall into?…Let's take them one at a time.…If you know what job you want,…but just aren't sure you meet the qualification…to obtain it?…An objective third-party,…like a mentor or a coach can help you.…Many times you already have what's needed…to move forward in your new career.…You just need a supportive person to boost your confidence…by giving you some guidance.…By using the skills you have in a lower risk,…volunteer opportunity, you'll be able to confirm…for yourself that you have everything you need…
- Recognize what you can do to become ready to transition into a new career.
- Explain what you could do if you know what job you want but just aren’t sure you meet the qualifications to obtain it.
- Recall what it requires to get on the right path if you are sure you’re in the wrong career.
- Recognize how feedback can help you with your decision to change your career.
- Identify what internal networking at your current job has to do with making a career change and leaving that job.