Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify how to work effectively as a team without management.
- Develop skills for better communication and trust.
- Determine how to handle conflict on a team.
- Assess how to deliver results reliably.
Skill Level Beginner
- We're all in teams, whether we work on projects or on processes, whatever job we do, and whatever level we are in the company. In the end, your performance will always depend on your ability to work successfully with other people. There's an assumption that you should know how to be a good team player. But actually, the more you look into understanding teamwork, the more tricky and interesting it becomes. I've been training teams and running offsite team days for about 20 years now.
Sometimes it's a team that wants to go from good to great, sometimes it's a team with terrible problems. But in all the cases, it's amazing how much can be changed in just a day. Sometimes everyone finds different things that they can do to make the team better. Sometimes there's a really simple answer to what's blocking their ability to work together. I put everything I've learnt about teams into this course, so it contains a whole lot of practical ideas to help you become a great team player, which will help both you and maybe also your organization to be more successful.
Let's get started.