In this video, learn how to get a meeting with your buyer's boss and what to say in the meeting. Also, see how to make an executive brief that is succinct and valuable.
- Talking to your buyer's boss is a great way…to elevate the status of your project,…your buyer, and yourself.…But it can be tricky to get a meeting with the boss,…and a lotta times, they're very guarded…about talking to consultants.…So the most effective way to have a meeting…with your buyer's boss is to ask your buyer.…Going above their head could damage your relationship,…and without them, you're also less likely…to get a meeting with the big boss.…So a good time to bring it up is when your project…has some strong results.…
I completed meetings are a lot more appealing…to senior leaders than I have an idea meetings.…Use language like it would be great for us to…show your boss how wonderful this project has gone.…When do you think we could get 30 minutes…on her calendar?…This shows your buyer that this will be an opportunity…for him or her to look good.…Now, when you're in the meeting, there are three…important things to remember.…First, keep the conversation on a strategic level.…You don't wanna review every tactical…
- Determine the best self-positioning statement for you.
- Explain how to establish the value.
- Describe how to hold a kickoff meeting.
- Summarize the importance of a wrap meeting.
- Explain how to navigate changing relationships.
- Recognize the value of an internal referral.