LinkedIn principal author Doug Winnie describes the audiences you should speak with to get valuable information on why or why they aren’t using your product. Through speaking with users, non-users, target personas and out-of-target personas, you can identify product issues, confirm exiting facts, and uncover potential new audiences or uses for your product.
- The perfect time to find out what people think…about your product is when it's released and in the market.…The natural thing to do is to reach out…to the users of your product,…but that will only get you half of the story.…There are a few groups you should contact…when you want to get your feedback.…Think of your audiences you need to talk to…as a two-by-two grid, the columns are those…that are current users, and those that are not.…The rows are those that are within your primary…and secondary personas, and those that are not.…
The obvious groups to talk to are users who fit…your primary and secondary personas.…You want to find out if the product solves…their problems they told you existed…and if they are finding value in the product…and will continue to be a user.…It's also important to reach out to the individuals…who fit your primary and secondary personas,…but aren't users of your product.…There are some key things you can ask…to find out why they aren't users.…Did they even know the product existed?…If so, how did they find out about it?…
- Types of products and industries
- Leading through influence
- Understanding your team
- Using an agile or waterfall development cycle
- Managing your product life cycle
- Researching your market, customers, and ideas
- Planning the product
- Building the product
- Releasing the product
- Refining the product
- Understanding when it's time to retire the product
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is Product Management?
2. What Does a Product Manager Do?
When it is time to retire2m 58s
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.