Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking the next step to keeping your mind clear, part of Time Management Fundamentals.
- At this point, it's natural to be concerned…about this huge list of tasks and action items…that you've cleared out of your mind.…When are you going to do all of this stuff?…If you find yourself in that position,…I'd encourage you to continue forward with this course.…A little later, we'll create the habit of processing.…I'll show you step-by-step how to take each item…on the list and decide what you're going to do with it,…when you're going to do it, and where it belongs.…
You do have enough time to get everything done.…You just may not know it yet.…What matters at this point is that from this point forward…you cultivate the habit of clearing anything…out of your mind the moment it begins…to interrupt your thoughts.…When that unresolved to-do pops into your head,…immediately pull out an approved gathering point…and write it down.…Leave yourself a message.…Get it out.…Embrace this habit.…
Don't let anything swirl around in there.…And remember,…your mind is not an acceptable gathering point.…
Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head; and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding your productivity style and motivation
- Understanding the principles of time management
- Avoiding the pitfalls of multitasking
- Narrowing your gathering points
- Consolidating email and voicemail accounts
- Practicing mind-clearing techniques
- Choosing and using calendar software
- Saying no with tact
- Mastering the what, when, where processing system
- Processing email vs. checking email
- Maintaining productivity gains
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Laying the Productivity Groundwork
2. Obstacle to Productivity
3. Productivity Principle 1: Space
4. Productivity Principle 2: Mind
5. Productivity Principle 3: Time
6. Equipping Yourself for Action
Preparing for action4m 30s
7. Gathering to the Inbox
Preparing to gather2m 46s
8. Understanding Processing
9. Processing Email
10. Your Time Budgeter
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.